Hi everyone! I wanted to report on my first StichFix experience.
I have been trying to “upgrade” my wardrobe because, ya know, it isn’t the ’90s anymore.. I also have lost over 100 pounds and I think it is time I wear things that are complementary on me instead of too big or too tight.
So this is what I thought of my very first StichFix experience:
1) LOVE the jeans! I think they are more comfortable than anything I own! However, they were a bit too big in the waist.
2) Earrings are cute and not ones I would normally buy, so I was excited about something different.
3) Everything was just a smidge too big. That is my fault because I thought I was….bigger.
4) Style- I wanted something I could wear at work or out. I don’t like the green top because I’m so picky in necklines. The black cardigan is something I already own. The polka dot shirt was okay… but I thought it was bland too. I felt like I was a librarian. This service goes off of my style preferences so this tells me I need to adjust what I put down.
5) I’m sending it all back. StichFix is something I’m “rewarding” myself with for my weight loss and my goal is to not settle. Even though the jeans were so comfortable I think they were a smidge big too. (A 30” waist was too big for me!!). Since I’m already too small (OMG I said that!) for my cute clothes I bought in the summer- I need solid things I will wear for a while.
6) My goal in using StichFix is to build upon my wardrobe and to get some good clothing pieces that I will wear “forever”. Since the cost is not as cheap as my normal Target or Maurice’s I don’t want things that I will only wear once.
StichFix provides a return bag and shipping is paid. I am also going to now give great feedback on what was in my order.
Even though I didn’t keep anything, I’m pretty happy! It costs $20 each time the stylist puts my order together and I think it was worth it to see what I really want and also figure out my “fit”. I can delay myorder whenever I want or request one sooner. I’ll give StichFix about 2 more tries to see if this is worth it or not.
I want to hear from you- do you use a service like this? What are your thoughts?
Stay-tuned for the next Adventures in StichFix by subscribing to my blog!